Geistlich Mucograft® handling movie.
Geistlich Mucograft® is easy to handle compared to autogenous soft tissue grafts1:
- Unlimited availability and consistent quality.
- Ready to use: no need for pre-treatment or pre-hydration.
- Tailor to defect shape: measure the defect and trim the matrix to the required shape.
- Excellent hydrophilicity: apply the dry Geistlich Mucograft® to the defect; it will moisten rapidly due to the significant hydrophilicity.
- Orientation: position the compact macro-structure facing away from the wound bed and the spongy micro-structure towards the bone or periosteum.
- Good adherence: the hydrated matrix adapts easily to contours and adheres well to defect.
- Easy to suture: the compact structure provides optimal suture pull-out strength.
Instructions for Use
Geistlich Mucograft® is indicated for covering of implants placed in immediate or delayed extraction sockets, localized gingival augmentation to increase keratinized tissue (KT) around teeth and implants, alveolar ridge reconstruction for prosthetic treatment and recession defects for root coverage.
As it is a collagen product, allergic reactions may not be totally excluded. Possible complications which may occur with any surgery include swelling at the surgical site, flap sloughing, bleeding, dehiscence, hematoma, increased sensitivity and pain, bone loss, redness, and local inflammation.
For more information on contraindications, precautions, and directions for use, please refer to the complete Instructions for Use.
1. Sanz M, et al.: J Clin Periodontol 2009; 36(10): 868-76.
2. Abundo R & Corrente G: Chirurgia plastica parodontale – Trattamento
estetico delle recessioni gengivali. ACME Edizioni, 2010.
CAUTION: Federal law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a dentist or physician.
For information on indications, contraindications, precautions, and directions for use, please refer to
the Geistlich Bio-Oss® and Geistlich Bio-Gide® Instructions for Use at: www.geistlich-na.com/ifu