Geistlich Bio-Gide® Shape
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Shape is a pre-cut resorbable collagen membrane designed for the treatment of non-intact extraction sockets. It was developed with the same biological properties as Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio, yielding slower absorption of moisture and lengthening the time available for exact positioning into the defect, as well as increased stiffness and application comfort.
Geistlich Bio-Gide Shape possesses the same qualities as our leading collagen membrane for oral tissue regeneration, Geistlich Bio-Gide®1,2.
- Convenient: new shape specifically designed for non-intact extraction sockets.
- Easy handling and application: modified structure has been made firmer when dry to facilitate cutting of the material.
- Ready-to-use: pre-cut for clinical use reduces preparation time.
- Significantly more new bone formation when used in combination with Geistlich bone substitutes.3
A Predictable Solution4-9 for Ridge Preservation
The use of Geistlich Biomaterials results in considerably more ridge volume preservation at 4 months after tooth extraction.10
- Approximately 50% of the alveolar volume is lost over 6 months following tooth extraction (horizontal 29-63%, vertical 11-22%).11
- Without the supporting bone, the buccal and labial soft-tissues collapse. The natural formation of new bone in the socket cannot compensate for the loss of alveolar volume.12
Ridge Preservation with Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen® and Geistlich Bio-Gide®
- Avoids further bone augmentation at the implant placement in more than 90% of cases.9,10
- Achieves sufficient ridge contour that allows for easier placement of implants.14
- iData Research Inc., US Dental Bone Graft Substitutes and other Biomaterials Market, 2015.
- iData Inc., European Dental Bone Graft Substitutes and other Biomaterials Market, 2015.
- Perelman-Karmon et al. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2012;32(4):459-65.
- Avila-Ortiz G, et al. J Dent Res. 2014;93(10):950-8.
- Morjaria KR, et al. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2014;16(1):1-20.
- Horvath A, et al. Clin Oral Investig. 2013;17(2):341-63.
- Vittorini Orgeas G, et al. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2013;28(4):1049-61.
- Vignoletti F, et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2012;23Suppl5:22-38.
- Weng D, et al. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2011;4Suppl:59-66.
- Cardaropoli D, et al. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2012;32(4):421-30.
- Tan WL, et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2012;23Suppl 5:1-21.
- Araújo M, et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2015;Apr;26(4):407-12.
- Fickl S, et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2008;35:356-363.
- Schlee M, et al. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2009;2(3):209-217.
CAUTION: Federal law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a dentist or physician.