Emergency Kit Contour Next Blood Glucose Meter
A glucometer is a small, portable device that is used to measure how much glucose is in the blood. People with diabetes often use a blood glucose meter to help them manage their condition.
The CONTOUR® NEXT EZ blood glucose monitoring system is a device utilized for self-testing by persons with diabetes for the quantitative measurement of glucose in whole blood. The CONTOUR® NEXT EZ blood glucose monitoring system is indicated for use with fresh fingertip capillary whole blood samples. The clinical utility of this device is to aid in monitoring the effectiveness of your diabetes control program. The CONTOUR® NEXT EZ blood glucose monitoring system is not intended for the diagnosis of or screening for diabetes mellitus and is not intended for use on neonates. CONTOUR® NEXT test strips are intended for self-testing by persons with diabetes for the quantitative measurement of glucose in whole blood samples from 20 to 600 mg/dL. The CONTOUR® NEXT control solutions are aqueous glucose solutions intended for use in self-testing by people with diabetes as a quality control check.
Bayer CONTOUR® NEXT EZ blood glucose monitoring system, for management and monitoring of blood sugar, comes ready to use. This easy-to-use kit requires no coding.
- No set-up requirements
- Proven accuracy
- Easy to use
- Insert the test strip and test your blood glucose level
- Easy-to-read display
A small drop of blood, obtained by pricking the skin with a lancet, is placed on a disposable test strip that the meter reads and uses to calculate the blood glucose level. The meter then displays the level in units of mg/dL or mmol/L.
- Blood glucose meter
- Vial of test strips
- Lancing device (glucometer)
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly with warm water or use an alcohol prep pad
- Insert a new test strip into your meter
- Use glucometer and a new lancet to get a drop of blood from the fingertip
- Apply blood on to test strip
- Record results
- The meter and lancing device are for single patient use. Do not share them with anyone including other family members! Do not use on multiple patients!!
- All parts of the kit are considered biohazardous and can potentially transmit infectious diseases, even after you have performed cleaning and disinfection
Always wash your hands well with soap and water before and after testing, handling the meter, lancing device, or test strips.
Information taken from: https://www.contournext.com/siteassets/products/contourez-user-guide-english.pdf