It is very common to develop an injury to oral tissue as a result of physical, chemical or thermal trauma in a dental practice during surgery or procedure. The oral tissue injuries can also originate from accidental dental biting, sharp or pointing food stuff, sharp edges of teeth or overzealous tooth brushing. The oral tissue is damaged during oral surgery, prolonged procedures, dental extractions, and gum disease (also known as periodontal disease).
- Aminogam® products are medical devices that contain hyaluronic acid and amino acids, which leads to a significant decrease in pain and a quicker wound repair of any kind.
- Aminogam® products can be used as an adjuvant in process of new tissue development after ulcers or wounds of gums and oral cavity.
Aminogam® products contain sodium hyaluronate and amino acids.
- Sodium hyaluronate is composed of hyaluronic acid which is a key component of connective tissue and promotes tissue repair.
- It is also reported to control gum bleeding and promote oral wound healing in the field of dentistry.
- The amino acids present in Aminogam® act as a building block to promote formation of tissue protein collagen, which is essential for wound healing.
Aminogam® products are available in three presentations: a gel, a spray and a mouthwash.
- It provides a protective action, promoting fast healing of oral wounds and ulcers.
- It maintains the ideal moisture required for resurfacing and closing the wound/ulcer.
- It facilitates the growth of newer tissue, favouring rapid recovery to wound along with simultaneous reduction in pain.
- The spray allows for easy application, even in the most difficult to reach areas of the mouth.
- It facilitates the growth of newer tissue and resurfacing of wounds, also protects the wound favoring fast recovery.
- It is recommended for multiple painful oral conditions, burning mouth syndrome (BMS), tooth sensitivity, and surgical wounds.
These products are approved for use in oral surgery, gums and implant surgery, pre-prosthetic and orthodontal surgery, major and minor laser surgery, ulcers of the oral mucosa, and protection of surgical wounds in dentistry.
Aminogam® has been shown to be inexpensive, biocompatible, safe and useful in all oral surgical procedures in order to decrease postoperative pain, obtain reduced swelling, and faster healing of both hard and soft tissues.
Frequently Asked Questions
The active components of Aminogam are sodium hyaluronate and Amino Acids, two very well known components of human tissues that support healing. By adding Aminogam, the healing process will be faster and painless.
These products must not be reirrigated. The mouthwash and spray can be stored between temperature of 80 to 300 C whereas the gel can be stored between 50 to 400 C.
The use of Aminogam® has not been associated with any adverse effects.
These products are very simple and easy to use, refer to instructions for users in the product leaflet. Do not eat, drink, smoke, or rinse mouth for 1 hr after application.
Open the cap and aim the dispenser tip at the wounds and spray several times until the affected area is coated in an even layer.
Yes, mouthwash can de diluted depending on the severity of symptoms and intensity of wound.
Although no secondary effects are known, in the event of pregnancy and lactation, a doctor must decide whether it is advisable to prescribe the application.
Yes, Aminogam products can be used together with oral pain killer drugs.
The symptoms usually subside in 1-2 weeks of usage, but it is advisable to consult a doctor if the product is to be used for more than 30 days.
Disclaimer The information contained in this website is solely provided for general information purposes only. Such information is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by a dentist or dental professional. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.